Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I can't belive I'm actually here

So, today is my first full day here in Cardiff. Crazy, no?

We got here last night around 8pm, took a taxi to what the cab driver thought was the National Assembly for Wales. He was a little clueless though. But luckily the guys who work at this other assembly called another cab for us and we were able to make it to the real Assembly. We met Angela Jones there, one of the coordinators for the program, who took us to our AMAZING apartment. I'll post pics here in a bit. But it's great. Totally beats Riverpark. It's two floors and I'm still in awe.

I got all unpacked this morning. We start work tomorrow (thankfully Angela told them we needed a day to get settled). Today, we're going to find the larger super market to get some groceries. Tonight, we're going our for a bit with Alex and Tyler which should be fun. Apparently there's a place to get a burger, a pint and chips for 4 pounds. Not too shabby. Everything is so much more expensive over here which is why tonight is a "Yay you're in Wales!" treat.

I honestly still can't believe I'm here. To backtrack a little, yesterday (and Sunday) I flew from Columbus to Minneapolis, from Minneapolis to London. Thankfully, Julie waited at the airport for me and we took a local train to Paddington Station. From there we took a taxi to Victoria Coach Station, where we waited about an hour for a bus that brought us to Cardiff. The long flight was uncomfortable but I'll have the window seat on the way back so I'll get to sleep better. Other than that, the trip went very well.

I'm gonna go take pictures of the apartment to post! :)

Love, Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment