Monday, September 28, 2009

Just another manic Monday

Today was my first Monday of work, which also means that I've been in Cardiff for a week. This weekend was a lot of fun. We explored Cardiff and hung out as a group. I'm really glad that we all get along pretty well. Should make this quarter much easier.


Tonight we had a meeting of all the interns to figure out where we plan on travelling this quarter. Some of the places that other people are going that I'm not are Italy, Germany, Norway and Belgium. I AM going to Liverpool (to visit Jenny and Mel), Bath, France (with Cat!), London, Stonehenge, Barcelona (for my birthday), and Dublin.


Work is mostly just work. It's interesting to see how the parties work together (and sometimes not) and I love that British politics are much more honest than American politics.

I got to talk with my mom tonight which was really nice.

Other than that, there's nothing all that interesting going on. On Friday, Angela Jones, the Swansea coordinator is coming with the professor who will be grading our papers. Hopefully, they'll tell us more about the paper itself, since all we know is that it counts as 50% of our grade.

I took some pictures around Cardiff today, so I'll update them in a separate post.

I'm missing the people from the US (and my puppies) but I haven't gotten the homesickness for any objects or food, like other interns.

Ok, it's 11:20 here and I'm EXAUGHSTED. Couldn't get to sleep last night too easily so tonight I'm totally crashing early.

Love, Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment