Hello all! I am currently sitting in my kitchen, covered in water and specks of potato. Why you ask? Because we're showing some Brits how real Americans do a proper Thanksgiving. This includes 2 turkeys, stuffing, 2 green bean casseroles, 2 huge bowls of cranberry sauce, 2 massive pots of mashed potatoes (22 lbs of fresh, hand mashed potatoes to be exact) and 5 pies. Tonight, I made all of the mashed potatoes (I had some help peeling them, thank goodness)and constructed one of the casseroles. Tomorrow, I took a half day from work so we can make the turkeys, make the gravy and make onion rings to put in the casseroles (they don't have french fried onions here!!). It'll be hard work, but this should be totally worth it. I'll also probably make some spaghetti because we have a crazy amount of people coming and I want there to be enough food. It'll be a lot of fun once the cooking is done and I can fall asleep. Ha. Sleep. Right.
Other than that, Friday I leave for a weekend in Dublin. We don't get back til Monday morning/ afternoon so it'll be tiring. But I'm very much looking forward to it. I've heard it's a beautiful city. We're going to the Jameson Distillery, the Guinness Factory, St Patricks Cathedral, and the Dublin Castle. To name a few places. That's on Saturday. We bought this day pass for a flat rate and we get in free to a bunch of different places. Sunday, we plan on just walking around and enjoying Dublin. Maybe sitting on a park bench here and there. Nothing too crazy.
Then next week is going to be crunch time working on my paper and hopefully I'll be done with it by Saturday night. On Sunday, if I get it done, I may go to Bath to visit Ciara. That's just a maybe though. Then the next week is my last week, so I'll be packing and deep cleaning. I want to have everything basically done by Wednesday morning, so Angela can check the flat over before/ after the reception. Thursday I'm going with Camilla to Scotland for the day. And Friday I take a train to London, where I'll spend the night before heading back to the States. I only have 16 days left until I'm heading on 270 back to Dublin. Craziness.
Anyway, I'm probably going to head to bed soon, as I will be going to the constituency tomorrow, which requires me to wake up an hour earlier than usual. It'll be a short day though.
I'll try to remember to post after Dublin!
Sending my love home, Amanda xoxox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment