I'm finally 21. It took long enough! :) So o celebrate this monumental birthday, I went to Spain, because hey! I'm studying abroad, I probably should have gone somewhere spanish speaking so I might as well practice a little!
As it turns out, Spain is probably one of my favorite countries and Barcelona is one of my favorite cities. It was amazing. If you haven't checked out the flickr, do it : http://www.flickr.com/photos/43046959@N06/
I took so many pictures, but none of them do the city justice. I will be going back there someday. It's just too beautiful to see only once, and we could only see so much in one weekend. I had the time of my life. And paella is my new favorite food. Mmmmmm. So tasty.
We saw la Passeig de Gracia which has many of Gaudi's structures on it, like La Pedrera and Casa Batllo. We saw La Sagrada Familia (amazing) and Park Guell, which are also works of Gaudi. We got to see La Catedral de Barcelona, La Rambla and the beach next to the glistening Mediterranean. We had gelatto and walked the boardwalk and our hostel was a bit outside of town and up a mountain. The view was absolutely gorgeous though. Totally worth all the cardio involved.
I have 23 days left here officially, which is crazy. Partially because I really need to work on my paper (oops) but I am really looking forward to heading home. I miss the family and the boyfriend a lot, along with all of my friends.
Luckily for me, I have pretty awesome friends here too because Mel and Ciara are coming to visit tomorrow for the weekend, which should be great!
Next weekend is Dublin, which will be rather exciting. The next weekend is finishing up the paper and working on cleaning/ packing, and then I'm home!
Everything is slowly winding down here and it will be nice to just hang at home for a few weeks starting in December. I still can't believe it's already basically the end of November.
We're planning a Thanksgiving bash with all the interns, some AMs and support staff. I'm pretty sure there's going to be like 20 people in my apartment. Yikes! I'm going to start heavily cleaning here very soon :)
That's about it. Like I've said before, I would update more often, if there were new and exciting things happening...but there aren't. Aside from weekend trips.
But I shall go read now. Sending my love home as always, Amanda <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment