Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week 4

Sorry I'm so awful at updating! I was good to begin with then work and traveling started so this has fallen by the wayside, but I promise to make an honest effort to update more often!

This past weekend was great! I went to visit Jenny and her family. Her parents were sooo nice! Jenny and I took a touristy tour of downtown Liverpool. If you look at my flickr, you'll see pictures of me on Mathew St, by the Cavern Club, standing next to a statue of a young john Lennon and by Penny Lane. We also stopped by the Liverpool Football Club stadium which was cool. I went out on the town with Jenny on Saturday night for her friend's birthday. It was a lot of fun. On Sunday, before I went back to Cardiff, I watched Jenny and her mom play in their netball league. Netball is this crazy sport that looks kinda like basketball, but it's moderately different. I'm really bad with sports stuff so it's hard to explain. But google it. It's really cool.

Work has been good. I've been doing a lot of casework in Jane's office and because I'm so efficient and going through case work, I'm probably going to the constituency office at least once a week to help them there. That office has the really cool cases that involve health, education and social services so it will be a change, but I'm really excited. I've been doing more media monitoring and analyzing in Andrew's office but they're running the leadership campaign for the Welsh Labour Party for Edwina Hart (the current Health Minister) so it's been hectic. Very interesting to watch the election play out though.

That's been my life pretty much. I go to work, come home, check stuff online, sometimes nap (because, oddly enough, desk jobs are a bit draining, plus I stay up late basically every night), get back online, talk to family and friends, go to bed and do it all again. Sometimes, we go out in the evenings together as a group (I think we're doing that tomorrow night) but everything is so expensive here and I'm trying to save money for traveling.

Well, I'm off to grab a sleep for an hour or so, before I do some apartment cleaning and some homework from our devolution seminar today.

Sending my love home, Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment