Friday, October 16, 2009

The weekend is so close, I can taste it

Yesterday was a lot of fun at work. I followed my AM Jane around, and helped to hand out petitions against a bank closure in Barry (the biggest town in her constituency). Then I went to the constituency office, where I will be working every Thursday to help them catch up on casework and so I can see a new side of casework. It should be really interesting. With these kinds of topics, it's easy to see how much you can help someone, because this office focuses on health, social services and some education. I get to take the train to and from Barry each Thursday and the office will pay for it! Win!

I also found out yesterday that Joe's AM, Rosemary, is organizing for him to go to Edinburgh to see Scottish parliament and the First Ministers questions and interview someone for our devolution paper! How cool is that?! Then I found out that Joe had talked to Rosemary about getting the rest of us to go and Jane agreed to it! And the office is paying for it! Free day trip! Win!

Now, I need to head off to work for an hour and a half before I pick up Mel from the train station, since she's visiting me this weekend! It should be fun. I'll post pictures on flickr probably on Sunday :)

Love, Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment